Sunday, November 22, 2009

Elderberry Tincture


In September I got some elderberries from GirlWithASword. I tinctured them in a quart jar with Bombay Gin. I waited until today to bottle it. I probably should have done it a few weeks ago but I was a little worried about getting the job done right.
So today I cleaned and boiled the bottles, found my funnel and cheese cloth and went to it. It was very messy. I wasted about half a bottle due to the funnel spout being the wrong size and elderberry is very staining. Cie la Vie.
It's another thing I can check of my to do list, which always feels good.

1 comment:

  1. elderberreies and gin! Swoon! I bet it's fantastic! I'd probably drink it like a martini. :)

    oh and as far as I'm concerned, you can't tincture them too long. I have some that have been waiting for nearly a year for me to get of my lazy bum and decant them. I should get doing that, huh?

    ReplyDelete