Saturday, November 21, 2009

Outside


I spent some time with my grandma in Harvey yesterday. As usual she made a delicious and simple lunch. We had oven roasted chicken breast with celery,carrots, and ginger accompanied by baked sweet potatoes, salad and caramelized corn. Then we went outside to work. I helped her wrap small grapevines for the winter so the rabbits won't eat them. We also did some pruning of the vines. It was a gorgeous day to be outside working. I feel so alive and happy when I do manual labor outside and yet I don't do it that often. I'm pretty good at identifying the things that make me happy, but it's pretty hard for me to do them. Things like walking everyday, working in the yard, keeping the dishes clean, drinking lots of water.....ah, it's okay. It's a process right?

No comments:

Post a Comment