I made these oatmeal cookies last night. They were delicious! The first batch I made turned out lacy, basically making the cookie sheet one large cookie which I broke up and plated for you to see :)
That did not stop me from eating most of it myself though. I like to carry on that long held female tradition of eating the 'scraps'.
Seriously, it's not conscious,but when I look over the things I've eaten in any given day it's more the stuff people didn't want and less the stuff I made for myself(more on this in a previous post).
So before I went ahead and cooked the rest of the batch I added more flour to the batter. This was obviously the problem. Below is a picture of the dough with more flour. I'd show you a picture of the final product, which were perfectly round and delicious oatmeal raisin cookies, but everyone ate them before I had a chance.....'cause I forgot till this morning.
In looking back on the assembly process I can see where it went wrong. First, I had a helper. You know the kind. They are usually small and insistent, interested more in creating a mess ,I mean mixing the ingredients, than the final product. Second, in the middle of supervising the small one adding the flour my friend called to tell me she had her baby. Which was a lovely distracting surprise as she was not due for another couple of weeks . I believe at this point the flour measuring cup was put down and Jasper was using a knife to add more baking soda. Distracted I shooed him away ,finished mixing and cooked the first batch. Which were lacy.